SharePoint Administration Intern
Department/Customer: Quality, Compliance, & Legal
Clearance Requirement: CBI
Who Are We?
1901 Group prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, Virginia, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT “as-a-service” delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that use the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments. Our company name was inspired by the history of automation. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. We applied that lesson to IT services today, leveraging skills and materials efficiently within a repeatable process that quadruples output.
Who We Need:
A self-starter with an existing fundamental understanding of the following concepts and practices:
• Content collaboration platforms, specifically SharePoint
• Basic content tagging and/or meta-data concepts
• Basic visual modeling concepts, such as page layout & design
• Requirements specification & prioritization
• Identification and management of content owners
What You’ll Spend Most of Your Time Doing
• Create SharePoint sites for new projects
• Update SharePoint folders and lists as requested
• Create special sites upon request
• Manage security permissions
• Update corporate content on a regular basis
• Gain business approval for new content
As a SharePoint Administration Intern, you will:
• Work with our Quality, Compliance, and Legal team to update various existing SharePoint sites and content areas
• Manage SharePoint security and privileges.
• Create different types of lists and libraries
• Organize files and content
• Customize lists and sites and develop these items into re-useable site and list templates
• Learn about web part pages and the web parts available in the SharePoint environment
• Make recommendations for improvements
• Perhaps learn add on skills such as InfoPath and SharePoint Designer
• Creative, innovative, and possess a strong attention to detail?
• Experienced with or interested in content collaboration tools and the Internet?
• Willing to learn new skills?
Successful Traits in this Role include:
• Team player
• Motivated and Self-Driven
• Problem solver
Minimum Essential Functions:
• Occasional travel to other 1901 Group offices
• Able to effectively use PC office software (e.g. MS Office including Word, Excel, and SharePoint)
• Reporting to Sr. Management
Why 1901 Group is a Great Place to Work
The health and happiness of our employees and their families is our top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to help you and your loved ones feel secure. We strive to create the best experience for you, so you can continue doing the things you love. The following represents an overview of our offerings:
Health & Wellness
• 1901 Group offers above-industry standard, high-quality medical, pharmacy, dental and vision plans. A single carrier supports our offerings of two medical, two dental and a single, comprehensive vision plan.
• Two Telehealth/Telemedicine services as part of the medical plan, allowing you to get the care you need – including most prescriptions – for a wide range of minor conditions.
Flexible Payment Options via Pretax Deductions
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
• Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
• Generous leave options to include, but not limited to: vacation, sick leave, all major and federal holidays, jury duty, bereavement, military leave, maternity, and paternity leave.
• Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) Savings Programs with company match
Coverage for the Unexpected or “Just in Case” Moments
• Two Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
• Company-paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
• Company-paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Children
Our Focus on Professional & Team Growth:
At 1901 Group we empower our employees with exponential career development and growth opportunities by utilizing a more modern form of employee assessment – quarterly reviews. We put our employees in the driver’s seat of their evaluation process – and their development. Learning and development is offered through a variety of platforms, designed to satisfy different learners at different stages within their careers.
Employee-Driven Performance Management & Learning
We support a philosophy and approach where “Everyone Learns”. Whether it be via online training or domain specific classroom & instructor lead training – we anticipate our employees will constantly seek out new ways to improve themselves – personally and professionally.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.